Top 10 Cryptocurrency India 2022
With the recent launch of IC15 in India, there has never been a better time to trade cryptocurrencies in India. To give you a head start, we have completed a summary of the Top 10 Cryptocurrencies in India, we think you should take a look at, if you’re planning on starting to trade in 2022.
- Ethereum (ETH) - A highly established token, initially released in July 2015, and growing in popularity across India. The crypto has been on a tremendous growth journey since its inception, growing 33,500% since 2016 to date, and most importantly outperforming Bitcoin in 2021 - gaining 418% in comparison to Bitcoin’s 66%.
- Solana (SOL) - While a competitor of ETH, SOL is still a highly appealing cryptocurrency to trade with in India in 2022. Talking numbers, Solana entered the crypto market at $1.5 in 2021 - it entered 2022 at $258. A contributing factor to Solana’s recent successes is its incredibly fast transaction speeds, which are a thumbs up to the infrastructure on which the crypto is built.
- Avalanche (AVAX) - Sitting just outside the top 10 of cryptocurrencies by market capitalization, AVAX grew by 3,100% across 2021, heading into 2022 in a very similar fashion to Solana. Avalanche has positive relationships with reputable institutions, with Deloitte establishing a programme called ‘Close As You Go’ upon Avalanche Blockchain technology - which in turn saw AVAX’s price rocket.
- Polkadot (DOT) - While 2022 has been a slower start for some cryptocurrencies than expected, DOT has come roaring out of the blocks. Nudging its way into the top 10 cryptocurrencies list, Polkadot is backed by tremendous blockchain technology, and as a relative newcomer to the crypto party - being established only in 2020 - it has shown signs of being a real trend-setter in the crypto space.
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) - Here’s another coin you may have heard of in India, for one reason or another! If you’re looking at cryptocurrencies from another angle, it can be said that SHIB was actually more popular than BTC in 2021 - with over 43 million extra views over its competitor.
- Tether (USDT) - Tether is backed by fiat currencies such as the Dollar and the Euro - making it a stablecoin. New cryptocurrency traders in India may well be looking for a token that is somewhat protected from the typical volatility of crypto markets, USDT would be a good place to start.
- U.S. Dollar Coin (USDC) - USDC is similar to Tether, as it is also backed by the US Dollar that aims for a ratio of 1 USD being of equal value to 1 USDC. Again, in theory this is a coin that is a caveat to the volatility of other tokens, so if India based traders want to invest in a cryptocurrency that is more stable, USDC is a solid option.
- XRP (XRP) - XRP has been on a huge growth journey since 2017, rocketing in value by 10,000% as of February 2022. Currently trading not too far under $1, it has previously traded above $2, so there’s plenty of potential left in this token.
- Polygon (MATIC) - Another token on a considerable growth journey, MATIC is worth 40x its original value 4 years ago. While it suffered as part of the recent crypto dip in January, this is an opportunity for cryptocurrency traders to take advantage of its lower value and potentially cash in on this advantaged position.
- The Sandbox (SAND) - The Sandbox uses blockchain technology in gaming, with an aim of complete decentralization of assets in this huge industry. With the future of gaming heading towards the Metaverse, SAND is facilitating a huge change in a growing market, so keep a close eye on its growing value and solid foundation for growth.
We expect 2022 to be a very important year for India in cryptocurrency, and can’t wait to see how it unfolds. If you feel it is the right time to get involved in the crypto space and begin to trade, we would love to see you there!